Dear Scottie,
This morning, as soon as you got into the shower, I ran and got a cup which I filled with ice water (yes, I did even put ice from the freezer in it) and ran into the bathroom to dump it on you. However, when I got in there I realized there were 2 problems; #1- I was barely tall enough to reach over the shower curtain to dump it on you so you would probably see it coming, #2-our apartment has a big Roman tub and I can't see through our shower curtain to see where you were in the tub. While a bit annoying, these obstacles didn't deter me and I dumped the cup of water and hoped for the best. Well, I missed and you only got a little on your shoulder. On to attempt #2. I ran back into the kitchen and grabbed our smallest mixing bowl and filled it up. SPLASH...nothin. You saw it coming and jumped out of the way. I had had enough of your funny business and was quickly on to attempt #3 (I couldn't be deterred) which meant bringing out the biggest mixing bowl we had. Nope, no luck there either-but you did manage to reach a hand out of the shower and smear soap on my face. That was it! On my trip back to the kitchen I had the thought of all thoughts-the idea of all ideas! Perfect! And just in time since you were about done with your shower. This time you heard me coming and just as you pulled back the shower curtain trying to scare me I squirted the ice cold water bottle from the fridge all over you! You jumped and I laughed...then ran! :) Then once I knew you weren't chasing me I snuck back to the bathroom and and said...truce? :) And you laughed. Then I reminded you about the soap and you agreed. However, I'm smart enough to know I should probably be watching my back for a while because this fun little prank war we have going on could start back up at any moment.
The moral of the story? Sometimes the 3rd time isn't the charm- so just keep at it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment