Friday, June 24, 2011

Apparently you missed the memo

Dear G,

Apparently you missed the memo that I'm the one in charge around here...or maybe the problem is that all the so-called experts who tell me all the things I have to do to create "perfect behavior" from my nearly 3 month old have never had a child who inherited my "fighter" genes...or maybe they've never been around children at all? Whatever the case may be, after numerous attempts to get you to take a nap and way more crying than I was hoping for (since you were so tired and fighting it so hard) I caved. You have now been sleeping in my arms for over 2 hours. Yes I absolutely love holding you but I'm completely immobile and have been thirsty for the entire 2+ hours. I'm also convinced I'm going to get a cramp in my arm at any moment. Not to mention all the things I had planned to get done while you slept. And years from now when I read this I'm sure I won't believe I let myself do this but I really missed my happy little boy and was sick of fighting with you and you being so grumpy and mad. So, here I sit, chicken pecking words on the keyboard and hoping that when you wake up you will be much more like the happy baby boy I love so much so we can play.

I love you son- even when you're Grouchy McGee
Oodles & Bunches
The Mommy momentarily wrapped around that tiny finger of yours

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. I feel your pain and remember those "cave-in" moments. :) I found a book that I love and swear by about routines and naps if you're interested in hearing more.

    ReplyDelete