I have been severely lacking in my blogging lately. I swear, the moment I start to feel like I'm getting my life under control everything gets turned upside down. Oh well, such is life I suppose. This weekend was a breath of fresh air for me. We finally got to the beach here in NC! Scottie took Saturday off and the 3 of us spent the day together. It was G's first time to check out the ocean and he was so much fun. The wind would blow in his face and he would just laugh and grin ear to ear. Then we put his little toes in the water which was unbelievably warm and he seemed to like that ok but the sand was kindof sharp-more like broken up seashells than soft sand and he wasn't too keen on that but overall it was a huge success. It was gorgeous and a wonderful day for us all. We are so ready to have Scottie back a little more and hopefully that will be soon. He has been working 2 hours away and often doesn't get home until midnight or so which gets old fast! However, this job always helps us be more appreciative of regular things in life so I thought I would list several as part of today's post:
~Our microwave- having to cook exactly the right amount every night so there are no left overs but yet there is enough to eat. Oh boy...
~Being able to take advantage of great deals on things we need- I have found some great deals on things we know we will be buying for our little man in the very near future but if they won't fit in our car I have to reluctantly pass them up.
~Seeing my hubby- Enough said.
~G seeing his daddy- Again...enough said.
~Having all of my clothes- we had only planned to work for 6 weeks this summer so I only packed a few things (I also hadn't lost much of the baby weight at the time and thankfully am smaller now)
~Belts- They have saved me this summer since the clothes I brought aren't quite fitting anymore- HOORAY!
~Real plates cups and silverware- Plastic gets old quick although I'm grateful to have them!
~Ceiling lights in every room- Whoever designed our apartment decided they are unnecessary and that a lamp in each room was sufficient...really???
~GPS- Absolute lifesaver. If someone said I could either have my GPS or food it would be a seriously tough decision!
~Our bed- I think chiropractors designed this bed we're sleeping on in order to drum up more business!
~Refrigerator and stove- When we first got here we lived in a hotel for a while and I'm so grateful to be able to make and store food now! It was a long week or two without that.
~Good water- ours here leaves your hair feeling all nasty and greasy and gross no matter what you do. At first I didn't realize and would shampoo several times trying to fix it, until Scottie mentioned the same thing. Bleh!
~Toothbrushes- okay, I'm just always thankful for those.
~My little man- happy or grumpy I'm always grateful to have him! :)
~Job- times are tough and even though this is a really tough job, we are so grateful to have it.
~Godiva cheesecake- this is a love/hate relationship. Our company took us out to the cheesecake factory and we tried this and I'm pretty sure it is heaven on a plate- however my skinny jeans disagree.
~My handsome man- I'm the luckiest girl in the world.
~My friends and family- what would I do without them
~Tillamook Cheese- it's our favorite and they don't sell it here. We almost cried.
What about you? What's a random something you're grateful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment