Saturday, June 11, 2011

are you sure teeth are necessary???

I'm pretty sure "teething" has officially commenced. My poor little guy has been so grouchy and inconsolable for the past few days. Poor little guy...and his poor mama since daddy has been working a ton. So last night we went out and bought him some teething toys as well as one entertaining and learning toy in the form of a little stuffed animal that jingles that you strap to their wrist or ankle. So far he's loved that! I strapped one to his wrist this morning and after a few minutes he started shaking his little fist all over the place! It was so fun and cute and helps him learn cause and affect. Anyway, back to the teething. He's had a little fever this morning and has spent the past few days chewing on his fist (unusual) and drooling (which had never happened before now) and being grumpy all around. I hate it when he's upset and I can't fix the problem. Maybe I'm not thick skinned enough according to most moms but I can't just let him lay there crying indefinitely. I have to at least try to comfort him! No I don't run to him the moment he makes a peep but I also won't let him cry for extended periods of time and not pick him up. I just can't do it- it breaks my heart. I don't pick him up out of frustration because that's just a bad idea, I do it because I think it might help...and usually it does- but not as much with this teething thing. Bleh! So here's hoping today goes better and my little man starts feeling better. Last night I told Scottie I wished that we could go through a couple of weeks of this and have all his teeth come in rather than long bouts with them showing up one at a time. I'm also not too thrilled that he's getting teeth already. I'm nursing...enough said. Also I have heard of all these great teething things you can do for them or give them in the form of food. No can do when he's only 2 1/2 months old! Oh well, such is life. Hopefully our little guy is feeling better soon. I'm seriously missing his smiles and laughter. Thankfully he's happy and smiley and giggly for ten minutes or so when he first wakes up in the morning which carries me through the day. And I snap a few pictures in case it's a really rough day lol. However, I'm so grateful for the opportunity to stay home with him- crying fits and all. It reminds me of a quote that could be tweaked to my situation- the original quote is:

"A bad day fishin' beats a good day workin'."

I echo the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment