Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"good for you!"

So since I coaxed scottie into agreeing to a 5k I figured I should probably get in shape for it, not to mention getting back into shape (and my clothes) since having G. Anyway, my first day back running I was SO excited since I had to quit so early in my pregnancy and as I was out running I saw April from our ward (short blond hair, primary president, knows some of the hockey guys) and she said "good for you! Our babies would be so proud of us!" since she had had her baby about a month before I had G. It was just what I needed! It has kept me going because he is a huge part of why I'm working so hard! I not only want to keep up with him, I want him to have to keep up with me! So many moms cant keep up with their kids anymore but I want to be out playing with him all the time etc. Well yesterday morning Scottie & I worked out at the gym at our complex but this morning he was too busy so I was trying to talk myself into going running sometime today. Yes, it takes me most of the day to talk myself into it sometimes. I'm the person who sits there thinking, but people are going to stare and thinking, that girl is so slow and out of shape she shouldn't be out here, or wearing that, or doing that etc. You get the idea. However, whenever I pass someone out there who is obviously just starting out or doesn't look like they're in tip top shape I always think "good for you!" and tell them that when possible. Anyway, I finally talked myself into going and a lady said to me "Wow, you are so dedicated! Exercising even with your baby!" And I thought to myself, good for me! :) I can't let having a baby slow me down, it needs to speed me up or this little guy is going to pass me up in no time! I love hearing things like that from people so I thought I would document it for myself so on tough days maybe I would remember it and also for anyone else out there who needs a little extra boost to get out the door. And here is a parting quote for a little extra boost:

"You almost never regret the runs you do, and almost always regret the ones you don't!"

Happy exercising everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment