Friday, June 10, 2011

oh what a day, what a day!

Dear G,

The past week or so you've decided your once beloved pacifier is not as appealing as it once was. You usually want it when you're dozing off to sleep, but that's about it. Therefore, yesterday I decided that what better opportunity to try to ween you from it? Little did I know you were about it embark on a rough day and I would be rethinking that decision faster than you can say "ahhhahhahhahhh." I don't know for sure but from what people have told me I think there is a slight possibility you may be beginning the glorious stage of teething. You've been grumpier than usual (you're usually such a happy boy when you've had enough sleep) and have been drooly and have developed a new interest in your hands. Who knows if that is actually the cause, or if you've just had a couple rough days but I'm doing everything I can think of to get my happy little boy back.

Yesterday I also decided to make getting you to take regular naps a top priority since you're not so good in that area. It was successful in that you took naps. However, it was unsuccessful in that some of those naps were in my arms since every time I tried to put you down you woke up and freaked out. Well, I guess that's the next step to work on lol.

Another thing I tried to implement yesterday (yep, it was a big day) was more play time by yourself and more tummy time. Now I realize "more" is incredibly vague, but I figured it was the best place to start and I actually did it. I was very proud of both of us- me for leaving you alone to play and not come running when you started getting a little fussy (in my attempts to avoid the all out crying) and you for fussing a little here and there but also playing by yourself on the floor. Granted I did bust out some toys for you to check out and all so you wouldn't be bored but all in all I think it was a success!

Lastly, I tried to get you to take steps to sleep through the night. By that I mean I didn't help right away when you were stirring and fussing (usually once the real fussing starts I jump in- again to avoid the all out screaming that often follows suit) and I only fed you once rather than twice. I know you can go all night (at least 6.5-7+ hours) without eating so I think if you eat quite a bit before bed you'll be good most of the time. I figure it's mostly out of habit and a little help from a mom who didn't know better, so now we can both work on it so we both sleep better! You really did pretty well. You fussed a few times and I sat and listened and when I didn't grab the pacifier for you you started sucking on your fist and went back to sleep. I was proud and a little sad cause my little guy is growing up so much so quickly. I swear it seems like you outgrow an outfit a day even though I know it's not the case. Anyway, hopefully these little changes will mean an even happier little guy, a cleaner house because I get more done during your naps and a well rested mommy!

 Also we have been going running every afternoon and you love it! As long as the stroller is moving you're happy and seem to enjoy it. You usually fall asleep eventually but if we stop you wake up within a few minutes every time. I just hope that you continue to like going running with me when we get the actual jogging stroller in a few months and I'm hoping you'll always love being my running buddy!

I love you son and I'm so glad I get to spend my day with you!
Ooodles & Bunches
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment